23 November, 2010

Introducing Narcissa


I've noticed that most of the photos are of Bella, so I set myself a task of trying to snap a proper photo of the elusive Cissy. Here it is! Doesn't she look lovely?

She's still quite skittish, but luckily she can be bribed with corn and will eat out of my hand, although somewhat warily. Her beak is very sharp and that's why I haven't been really enjoying hand feeding her. I've found that a feeding glove offers a solution to this problem, since with the glove protecting my palm I can keep trying to buy Miss Beaky's affections with no pain. I hope she'll start crouching soon as otherwise we've got no chance of catching, or let's face it, even touching the panicky little madam.

2 comments:

  1. She's got gorgeous markings. I'm sure she'll become more tame in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Bella was the beauty, but as Cissy keeps maturing I think we've got a serious contender here. Too bad she's not up for a cuddle yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a message! :)