02 December, 2010

Room for two, room for four?

From: http://www.omlet.co.uk/  - KIT B

I can't resist a bargain. I thought I had already stretched the run to the absolute maximum I could fit in our small garden, but then I spotted the run extensions on sale on the Omlet site. After some quick measurements in the garden I asked Hubby for his opinion on whether or not we should get another extension. It seems like my normally oh so sensible other half has also gone completely bonkers as he seemed to think it a very good idea. So, here we are with a four metre long chicken run reaching from the corner of the shed to the raised bed.

Cleaning the run will be definitely a two man job from now on, but I'm happy knowing that the chooks have more space, especially now that they show no interest in going out of the covered run to free range in the snow.

(And now I've got room for four chooks. Might go and choose a nice Black Rock or two for my birthday in the spring!)

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to be increasing your little family. I'm sure they'll appreciate the extra room which the extension will give them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's great, not that we need any more eggs as Bella's been laying almost every day even with the frost, what a trooper! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a message! :)