02 November, 2010

The extended run


We collected the run extension on Sunday and had an all round fabulous day. I think it's becoming a sort of hobby of mine, finding good deals (so far chicken related) on Ebay and having a nice day out when collecting them. We drove past several nurseries, and then braked and reversed. I've trained Hubby well, as nowadays it's him spotting all the places of interest and asking if I want to stop and have a look.

On the way back home we had the car packed with the extension, a James Grieve apple tree (same pollination group as my Discovery), some garlic (French Thermidrome) which I planted yesterday in pots and a dozen free range eggs from a lovely man and his garden hens.

Here's the run with the extension, I'm sure the girls appreciate it as they haven't been allowed to free range while being wormed. Let's see how long the hemp bedding will stay nice and clean before they mix it up with soil and... other stuff!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure they'll appreciate having extra space to move around. Bargain hunting can become addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I just discovered your blog,

    Love your blog's name!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a message! :)