22 November, 2010

Special breakfast


I would have been quite happy just to have a collection of beautiful eggs to admire and be able to continue my studies on the differences between the shells and sizes of eggs, but I think they'd begin to rot eventually. So, today I decided to boil Bella's first egg and have a little taste. It was lovely! The yolk was very orangy yellow and it tasted fab (although you can't really see it from the picture as you can just see the top of the yolk).

Hound got a tiny piece as well for being good and sitting on the garden bench while the girls were last free ranging. Admittedly, Hound was on the lead, being cuddled and munching on dog biscuits, but I'd rather take things slow than risk any of my pets getting hurt. The chickens took no notice of Hound and had a fab time destroying the sorrel while I had my hands busy. Cheeky chooks!

3 comments:

  1. I love your little egg cup. I'm sure you egg was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eggcup has been waiting for this day in the cupboard for a long time. :)

    Thanks again for the Tesco voucher/Gardener's World tip, I've got my subscription voucher all ready to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. I can't believe how little it costs when you do it this way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a message! :)